Painting Templates – 100+ Free Downloadable Traceables
Welcome To My Traceable Library!
Print out these painting template traceables and transfer them to your canvas so you do not have to worry about the drawing aspect of painting!
Need more information about how to use these traceables? Check out my reference guide here. Click on the title to be directed to the tutorial.
I recommend you use a sheet of graphite paper to transfer these to your canvas. You can also use a regular pencil, scribble on the back of the paper and then trace it over your canvas.
Try out Rapid Resizer (affiliate link) for resizing traceables to any canvas size including the popular 16 x 20 size! I personally use this software and LOVE it! It is a game changer as far as resizing anything to any canvas size AND creating traceables for paintings.
This is becoming a very large library of traceables. If you are looking for a particular one, hit “control f” or “command f” on your keyboard and type what you are looking for. Example: “control f” type in “truck”.
USE POLICY: For PERSONAL USE ONLY. Contact Tracie directly for licensing “for-profit” rights to use in a paint party business. Nonprofit, community and educational use is okay!
- Love Truck PDF One Sheet(for 8×10 size canvas or similar size)
- Truck Traceable 11 x 14 (Optimized for 11×14 Canvas)
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ computer paper (for 11 x 14 size canvas) or enlarge 50% for larger canvas.
- Ice Cream PDF
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ computer paper. Paint the ocean and sky background first. Trace the beach van using gray graphite paper.
- Beach Van PDF
Mason Jar For Rustic Daisies
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ computer paper. Paint the background first. Use white graphite paper for the transfer.
- Jar PDF
- Directions: print each cactus on standard sheet 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Transfer to the black canvas using white graphite paper.
- Cactus 1 PDF
- Cactus 2 PDF
- Cactus 3 PDF
- Directions print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper or larger depending on the size canvas you are using. Transfer to canvas, preferable with white transfer paper since the paint color will be dark.
- Download Angelfish PDF
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper, transfer to blank canvas.
- Download Butterfly PDF
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Paint the green background first and then transfer the panda using graphite transfer paper.
- Download PDF
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Position the traceable so the peacock is perched on the branch. You will be tracing this after you have painted the background and the branch. See tutorial for further details.
- Download PDF
“Love Birds” Painting
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Position the traceable on the bottom right of the canvas (or elsewhere if you want the birds in a different location). Make sure you paint the background first before tracing the birds onto the canvas.
- Download PDF for Love Birds Traceable
“Bubbly New Years” Painting
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Position towards the bottom with a little 1/4″ gap on the bottom of the canvas.
- Click here to download PDF
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Position so that it is aligned on bottom but slightly off center to the right.
- Click here to download Cow Printable
- Directions: position the traceables so that the arms match up. Print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
- Adult Penguin
- Child Penguin
- Directions: print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Position the house so that it’s slightly above the bottom edge of the canvas (note tutorial will give you more specific directions).
- Download PDF
- Directions: Print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper (note these dimensions have not been tested on this painting because the original tutorial did not include a traceable. You may have a bit of white space left around the canvas but, for the most part, it should work on 11″ x 14″ canvas).
- Download Elf Legs Male PDF
- Download Elf Legs Female PDF
- Directions: Print in 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Trace on lower right corner on 11″ x 14″ canvas.
- Download Christmas Truck PDF: 2018-11-06 09.43.00
- Directions: Print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Trace on lower right hand corner aligned with canvas. This printable is optimized for an 11″ x 14″ canvas.
- Download Fox PDF
Halloween Cat from Kids Halloween Cat Tutorial
- Directions: print both of these out on standard size 8.5″ x 11″ computer paper. Make sure you are printing them “landscape”. Trace each separately on the canvas. The width of the 11″ will line up perfectly for an 11″ x 14″ canvas in portrait mode.
- Bottom of Cat PDF
- Top of Cat PDF
Scarecrow from Scare Crow Tutorial (see note below)
- Directions: print both the traceables on standard size computer paper and trace them separately. This design works best for 11″ x 14″ size canvas. The tutorial will demonstrate how to EASILY draw the overalls. The crow goes on the shoulders.
- Scarecrow PDF
- Crow PDF
Witch Feet from Witch Feet Tutorial
- Directions: print on a standard 8.5″ x 11″ computer paper for tracing on an 11″ x 14″ canvas.
- Download Witch PDF
Truck from Vintage Teal Pumpkin Truck Tutorial
- Directions: print out on standard 8.5″ x 11″ computer paper for 11″ x 14″ canvas.
- Download Truck PDF
Barn and Windmill From How To Paint A Fall Barn Tutorial
- Directions: print out on standard size computer paper for 11″ x 14″ canvas. Trace the barn and windmill separately.
- Barn PDF
- Windmill PDF
Vintage Camper from How To Paint A Vintage Camper Tutorial
Jar from Mason Jar Lightning BugsTutorial
Pineapple from Pineapple Tutorial
Dinosaur Silhouette from This Tutorial
Toucan Traceable from How To Paint A Toucan Tutorial
Flamingo Traceable from How To Paint A Flamingo Tutorial
Cat Traceables From Cat & Moon Tutorial
From Spring Wreath on Black Canvas Tutorial.
From Easter Egg Landscape Tutorial
From the Easter Bunny Silhouette Tutorial
From the Sea Turtle Tutorial
From the Unicorn Tutorial
These traceables are copyright protected and not to be used for profit. If interested in licensing the designs for your business, please inquire here.