Learn how to paint a toucan
Note: This tutorial will be updated sometime in 2018!
Learn how to paint a Toucan step by step . This acrylic canvas tutorial will guide you through detailed steps on how to paint this tropical bird. Toucans are my favorite bird and they are beautiful subjects for painting because of the striking contrast they give off with the black, yellow and colorful beak. Did you know there are about 10 different kinds of toucans? All have different color variations on their beaks. This particular toucan has the green beak and it is known as a “Keel-Billed” toucan.
This post contains affiliate links.
Materials (I buy these supplies at Amazon.
- Acrylic Paint (I recommend the Liquitex Basics brand or Apple Barrel Craft Paint.)
- Paint Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Turquoise, Brown, Black, White, Pink
- 16″ x 20″ Canvas or 8″ x 10″ canvas
- Various Brush Sizes: This is a great brush set!
- Palette or paper plate for palette
- Covered work space
- Table top easel (I recommend using an easel for best perspective!)
- Chalk for drawing the toucan