How To Draw A Mermaid
This is a quick step by step drawing tutorial intended for the Mermaid painting tutorial. However, if you like, you can do this drawing for your own artistic creations!
You can do this with pencil, color pencil, water color or whatever your favorite art medium is.
Step By Step Overview:
Step By Step Directions:
1. Draw a circle. Draw a line in the center of the circle. The line is about the same height of the circle. Draw a curved line on the bottom of the line. That curved line is the top of her mermaid fin.
2. Draw her tail. Then draw an arc line just under her head. This line will help with the shoulders.
3. Using the circle as a guide, draw her hair extending from both sides of the circle. Note: try to keep that arc line showing on both sides. I didn’t keep it showing on the left but fixed it in the next step.
4. Erase the rest of the circle. Erase that vertical line. Use the arc line to draw her shoulders. Extend the arc line on the left and right of her hair if needed.
5. Use that arc line to curve down and draw her shoulders. Draw a diagonal line for her left arm. Draw her mermaid bra strap.
6. Finish the tips of the hair.
7. Draw her fin at the tip of her tail.
8. Draw a starfish in her hair. Start drawing scales on her fin.
9. Finish the scales on her fin.