How To Draw A Unicorn
This step by step drawing tutorial will show you how to draw an easy unicorn.
Use any medium you would like to draw this unicorn.
Unicorns are beautiful fantasy creatures. My favorite part about drawing unicorns is doing the horn so it looks like a spiral.
There are also a lot of fun ways you can color this drawing. Use any medium you like to use such as color pencil, marker, etc.
This particular unicorn drawing tutorial goes along with my how to paint a rainbow unicorn tutorial.
Step By Step Overview
Instructions For How To Draw A Unicorn
1. Start by drawing a circle in the middle of your paper.
2. Then draw the snout of the unicorn. Start at bottom of the circle and curve the snout around to above the circle.
3. Then draw the front part of the unicorn’s neck so that it is slanted.
4. Then draw the top of the unicorn’s head. Draw this line to connect the unicorn’s back and then draw a spiral at the bottom. This spiral will a part of the unicorn’s hair.
5. Then draw the unicorn’s horn. Start at the bottom of the horn and draw a curved line for the base. This base should overlap the head a bit. Then make the horn go to a point like drawing a triangle.
6. Then draw the eye so that its inside of the initial circle. Draw an upside down curve for its nostril. Also notice that a portion of the circle is erased so that only the bottom part shows.
7. Next draw the ears. The bottom part of the ear on the front overlap part of the head. The back ear does not overlap. Also draw the inner part of the back ear.
8. Daw the hair. Start by drawing a line from the left part of the horn and overlap the back ear. Go behind the front ear and draw the line to the edge of your paper on the left. Then draw a curl in front of the unicorn horn.
9. Then draw the curl next to the front ear. Also draw a line on the inside of the front curve and a few lines on the hair on the back.
10. Draw the portion of the unicorn’s hair on the right side of its neck. Draw a spiraled lines to make it look curled.
11. Next add more detailed lines on the hair on the right.
12. To make the horn look like it is spiraled, draw ovals on the inside of the horn. Make these ovals go horizontally and start at the bottom. Each oval gets smaller and smaller as you work to the point.
13. Optional: you can erase the original line of the horn that is on the outside of the unicorn spirals. In other words, just have the ovals and no triangle line.
14. As a final result, you can make the snout look like it is curving down as shown in the red lines below.
15. The final result. Erase all your stray lines and any of the circle in the middle that is still showing.
1 thought on “How To Draw A Unicorn”
Comments are closed.